Thursday, December 29, 2011

Elements of Fiction



Katy Upperman, Jessica Love, Alison Miller, and Tracey Neithercott are putting on the
Class of 2011 ya superlative blogfest. Hop on over to one of their blogs to find out more about it!

Thursday, December 29th: Elements of Fiction

Crossed by Ally Condie   Most Envy-Inducing Plot--fun ride!


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi   Most Wonderful World-Building--ignored grammatical rules and litterally stacked emotional words to entice feeling and intensity

Enclave by Ann Aguire   Most Formidable World--the girl was born underground and travelled the subway and sewer systems--icky!

Wildefire by Karsten Knight   Wanderlust-Inducing--would be fun going away to school in the California's wilderness


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi   Loveliest Prose--felt like I was reading poetry amped up on adrenaline!

Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer    Best First Line--"I died on a bitter, cold night."

Divergent by Veronica Roth   Most Dynamic Main Character--Tris is awesome!

Wildefire  by Karsten Knight   Most Jaw-Dropping Finale--don't want to spoil it, but there's a great character shift

Unbecoming of Mara Dyer  by Michelle  Best Performance in a Supporting Role--great story, needs to be mentioned somewhere on here

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Best Use of Theme--the numbers theme is carried beautifully throughout

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Micheal, I know I keep saying this, but I really need to pick that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry Michael! I have a cousin that spells his name that crazy way so it's a habit for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shatter Me is awesome! The writing style is adrenaline pumping and emotionally filled and defies conventions. I loved it, obviously :)

    ReplyDelete